Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
Clinics and Services
- Additional InformationIn addition to general medical consultations we are pleased to be able to provide specialist clinics and services covering the following areas:
Chronic Disease Management
- Additional InformationAs General Practitioners we see a large number of patients with chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes. We aim to offer comprehensive review programmes for these patients. The importance of attending review appointments is not only to manage current problems with the patient but also to plan ahead for any potential future need. In some cases your review appointment may be with one of our practice nurses who have had extra training in these areas.
Blood Tests/First Health Check
- Additional InformationOur healthcare assistants are available daily between 8.30am and 12.30pm for phlebotomy and new patient health checks.
- Additional InformationOur practice nurse is available for contraceptive advice, HRT and pill checks or any other health enquiries.
- Additional InformationThe doctors provide full antenatal and postnatal care (appointments are available during normal surgery times), family planning, pre-conceptual advice and sterilisation counselling.
- Additional InformationThe community midwife is available at the surgery every Wednesday morning. Appointments are booked via the midwife.
Child Health And Immunisation
- Additional InformationDevelopment and health checks are carried out by the health visitor and doctors. Full immunisation is recommended for all children. These are given by the practice nurse.
- Additional InformationAn influenza vaccination is particularly recommended for patients with heart, lung or kidney disease, diabetes and residents of nursing and rest homes.
Please contact the reception staff in October for details of the vaccination dates and to make an appointment.
- Additional InformationOur nurses offer a full advisory service for those travelling abroad.
- Additional InformationPlease consult a doctor about any moles, lumps or bumps that may be concerning you. These may be suitable for removal at the surgery.
Additional Services Not Available On The NHS
- Additional InformationA number of examinations and reports for employment, sporting or insurance purposes are not available on the NHS. Fees will be charged for these. Please ask at reception for details.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01527 872426.